The damper is maybe out of place, damper rusted shut, damper covered in debris or soot buildup. Your carbon monoxide or smoke dector alarm just went off - not because you burned the popcorn. When you use your chimney, smoke tends to come back into your home.
- Fox's Chimney Sweeps (503) 255-4000 [email protected] William Kelsey Owner/Operator Portland, OR; Licensed Bonded & Insured Chimney Repair Chimney Cleaning Chimney Installation Wood stove Removal & Installation Stove Pipe Repair Zero Clearance Fireplace Refactory Panels Top Sealing Chimney Dampers Fireplace Cleaning Hours Monday through Sunday ...
- Use a flashlight to locate the damper in the flue. You'll find it 1 to 2 feet above the fireplace opening. Operate the damper lever to determine what the problem may be. If the damper refuses to open or shut, push it open by hand. When the movable joints are exposed, spray them with a household lubricant. Operate the lever again to see if it works.
A top damper, which is a metal spring door that is placed at the head of the chimney. This kind of damper is attached to a long metal chain, which you can use to open and close the damper from the fireplace. A throat damper, which is a metal plate that is located at the base of the chimney, right above the firebox.
- Honest Chimney is also a certified installer of the only UL-listed lining system. We use non-magnetic stainless steel manufactured right here on Long Island in Plainview. Learn more about the dangers of carbon monoxide and see the affordable solutions Honest Chimney has to put your mind at ease.
See full list on askthechimneysweep.com
- Stop chimney drafts (caused by damaged, broken, missing or open chimney damper). Stop the foul odors that are caused by ashes and toxic creosote deposits on the inside of your chimney, from entering your home. Stop bugs and insects, attracted to the light and treated air emitted by the chimney, from entering your home.
Affordable Fireplace, Chimney Sweep, Masonry Repair & Dryer Vent Cleaning. Serving homes in Long Beach, Orange County and Riverside for over 25 years.
- Find a Store Near Me. Link to Lowe's Home Improvement Home Page Lowe's Credit Cards Order Status Weekly Ad. ... 13-in W x 13-in L Cast Aluminum Chimney Damper. Item ...
If your chimney damper is stuck, broken, or inadequate call us at 206-574-8414. We perform repairs and installations on all kinds of dampers.
- Our CSIA Certified Techs proudly provide services like: Chimney Cleanings & Sweep Services, Level 1, 2, & 3 Chimney Inspections, Dryer Vent Cleaning & Repair, Masonry Repairs & Rebuilds, Chimney Waterproofing, Chimney Leak Repair, Chimney Cap Installation, Chimney Liner Installation, Rain pans, Shrouds, Dampers, Animal & Nest Removal, Gas Fireplace Diagnostics, and Fireplace Repair & Replacement.
London Fog Chimney Sweeps is metro Detroit's premier Chimney and Fireplace Company including Livonia, Canton, Garden City, Novi, Westland, Farmington Hills, Bloomfield Hills and surrounding areas. We offer a wide variety of chimney and fireplace products and services to accommodate all your Installation, Restoration, and Maintenance needs.
- Trinity Chimney Service specializes in chimney sweep, fireplace, & masonry services in the Ellicott City, MD & Howard County MD area. Call 443-602-4306.
Full inspection and report on the condition of chimney and fireplace with advice and solutions to resolve concerns. Chimney Covers/Dampers: A variety of covers to prevent debris, animals and outdoor elements from entering your fireplace. Top sealing dampers can also be a cost effective solution for energy loss.